T baggying or Tress baggying (I so hope this name catches on), is a slightly more extreme take on protective styling? I don’t know you tell me what you think once I’ve explained. Baggying is a process aimed at ensuring your tresses are moisturised to the max, and that you retain length through the protection of your oh so fragile ends 😀
What I do
- wash my hair and do all the detangly add product stuff…then section off the front of my hair neatly and style nicely in a protective way ie twists…cornrows…flat twist.
- two strand twist the back of my hair…I prefer a chunky manner because it’s quicker.
- spritz with my homemade moisturising mix..which is made up of one oil, a little conditioner, glycerine and water.
- cover with either a plastic bag (if it’s been belly food shopping week) or a plastic shower cap (if it’s been hair food shopping week)
- Then I sleep.
- The next morning I uncover my hair till I’m ready to leave the house…you don’t want your hair to smell like funk, so I suggest giving it breathing room everyday oooh and massage that scalp!
- Then just before I leave to go somewhere I apply a lil oil and water to my ends…just a little…you don’t want to have a permanently wet head that’s like asking for yucky scalp tenants with strange surnames like Patrick Fungii or Tara mould
- cover once more with my chosen plastic covering, disguise with a beenie and bounce.
- ooh this is where the neat front bit comes into its own, you now have the option of having a twist/braidout fringe/pompadour ooor a really cuterope braid/twist at the front….My I love you video has me baggying throughout.
Now, you have a choice of baggying your whole head or just your ends…depending on the length of your hair that is.
You can baggy under a wig or baggy your ends and add a ponytail…you can baggy if your relaxed aswell.
Some people baggy as part of a nightime routine…
If you sometimes deep condition overnight with a plastic on your head, you my friend are a T bagger too.
I plan on baggying for the next four weeks…especially after the chlorine incident *grumble* so I will hopefully have something nice to show you by the end of May.